Head of the Pneumology Service of the University Hospital of the Vall d’Hebron until 2014. Organizer of the 1st successful pulmonary transplant of Spain (1990), currently 1150 transplants. Organizer of the reference center in occupational / respiratory diseases. Editor of the book “Pneumologica Guide” (35 years of publication, 11th edition 2019, also in digital version). He estimates that he personally have made some 150.000 visits.
Professor of Medicine (Pneumology) UAB. Director of 33 Advances in Pneumology courses Vall d’Hebron and Symposium of Enf. Pulmonary Interstitial (Fibrosis and Pneumonitis). He has trained 90 respiratory specialists (MIR) (1982-2014).
- 305 ORIGINAL publications in national and international indexed journals. Impact factor: 1.805. Index H: 45.5.
- 489 invited lectures given (47 in foreign centers).
- Researcher in 40 competitive projects (FIS, European scholarships, SEPAR, etc.).
- Organizer (and coordinator until 2014) of the basic unit (and clinic) of research in Pneumology of the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Research (VHIR), CIBERes Excellence Group, with an annual scientific production of 1.000 Impact Factor.
MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL ACTIVITY
- President of the Fundació Catalana de Pneumologia (FUCAP) dedicated to the promotion of research (since 2000-present).
- President of the “Societat Catalana de Pneumologia” (SOCAP) (1987-1991).
- President of the Health Advisory Council of the “Conselleria de Salut i Consum of the Government of the Balearic Islands” (2002).
- President of ACIDH, association and foundation dedicated to people with Intelligence Limit (2015-present) Ombudsman of VHIR (2014-present)
Asthma, Pulmonary fibrosis, Interstitial lung disease and clinical pulmonary medicine