Current status as a teacher: Professor (Pulmonology) (Department of Medicine.
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), June 7, 2011).
- Professor at UAB for 38 courses.
- 25 Course Director for Advances in Respiratory Medicine and Pathology 15 Occupational Respiratory courses.
- Director of 18 doctoral theses (4 theses and currently in progress).
- He has trained 81 residents from 1982 to present (respiratory medicine specialists).
- Advanced research accreditation by the Catalan Agency for the Quality per the University System of Catalonia (AQU) (Barcelona, 2004).
- Organizer and coordinator of the Current Basic (and clinical) Research in pulmonology de l’Hospital Universitari Vall d’Hebron in Barcelona (142.024 Impact Factor for the year 2010).
- Organizer and coordinator of the current Vall d’Hebron of respiratory diseases, a group of national excellence of the Center for Biomedical Research Network (CIBER).
- Participation in 35 research projects competitive (FIS, etc..) (6 as Principal Investigator). Now Principal investigator of a FIS 2010-12 and 2010-12 a grant SEPAR.
- 270 national and international publications, 58 as 1st author. (40 publications in the last 5 years).
- 415 lectures (37 in centers abroad: Germany, Australia, Brazil, Colombia, USA, Venezuela, etc.)..
- Professional Excellence Award (Research) (COMB), Barcelona, 2006. Ramon Llull Prize of Sciences of the Balearic Islands Government, 2003. City of Barcelona Prize for Science, 1995. National Health Cruz, Venezuela, 1998. Josep Trueta Award for clinical research at the Academy of Medical Sciences of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands, 1995.
- Care Current Category: Head of Pulmonology (University Hospital Vall d’Hebron (HUVH)). Service with 18 staff physicians and all health care areas (including cystic fibrosis, immunodeficiency, occupational diseases, lung transplantation, interstitial disease, pulmonary hypertension, ventilation, etc.)..
- Specialist in Pulmonary and Internal Medicine.
- Organizer and coordinator of 1st lung transplant program of the State.
- Organizer and coordinator of the center of excellence in respiratory illnesses (occupational asthma, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, fibrosis, asbestos, etc.)..
- National recognition TOP 20 IASIST 2009 as best pneumology department of state.
- Editor of the Book Pneumológica (currently the 9th edition, 2012). With a circulation of 6,000 copies.
- President of the Catalan Society of Pulmonology (SOCAP) (1987-91).
- President of the Catalan Foundation of Pulmonology (FUCAP) (since 2000 to present).
- Chairman of the Advisory Board of the Department of Health and Consumer Salut Govern de les Illes Balears (2002).
- Director, Department of Medicine at the UAB (2004-2011).
- 265 interventions in the press, radio and television (20 of which during 2011).
- CUIDA’T course organizer. Jornades de la Salut, l’i l’Esport Alimentació (1995-99 and 2001).